The value of eating breakfast is a known secret among people who are successful at maintaining a healthy weight. One of the secrets to weight loss is breaking the fast after a night’s sleep that gets your metabolism perking. Here are a few quick and Healthy Breakfast Options for Weight Loss.
#1 in Best Breakfast for Weight Loss
- Rolled Oats – 2 cups
- Low-fat Milk – 300 ml
- Chopped Almonds – 1/2 cup
- Broken Cashew – ¼ cup
- Raisins – 1/8 cup
- Chopped banana – 40 grams
- Chopped Walnuts – 1/4 cup
- Pumpkin Seeds (or Watermelon seeds) – 1/8 cup
- Flax Seeds – 1/8 cup
- Jaggery syrup – optional
- Heat the pan and roast the nuts and seeds on low flame for a few minutes till they become crunchy.
- Now remove the nuts from the pan and allow them to cool. In the meanwhile roast the grains on the pan till they turn slightly brown
- Now add all ingredients into the pan and pour jaggery syrup over them. Spread them flat on a tray and bake in oven for a while till they become dry.
- As jiggery is sticky some nuts and grains may bind together. Once cooled and dried you can separate them.
- Make for at least a week and store this in air tight container.
- Serve it with chopped Bananas and apples.
- Lastly, add milk to it and stir well. Your breakfast is ready!
Energy = 258.7 cal
Protein = 8.7g Carbs = 49.9g Fats = 2.7g Fiber= 4.2g
Mixed Sprouts Poha (Flattened rice)
#2 in Best Breakfast for Weight Loss
- Poha – 200 grams
- Oil – 1 tbs
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbs
- Peanuts – 2 tbs
- Chopped onions – 20 grams
- Chopped green chilies – 20 grams
- Mixed Sprouts – 1oo grams
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbs
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbs
- Lemon juice – 1 tbs
- Sugar – ½ tbs
- Salt – As per taste
- Rinse the Poha properly and once that is done drain the water and keep it aside for 10 mins
- Take a non-stick pan and heat oil on a medium flame. Then add mustard seeds, chopped onions, peanuts and green chilies. Sauté the onions till it turn light brown.
- Add mixed sprouts and cook for another couple of minutes on a medium flame.
- Add salt and sugar for taste and mix well.
- Now add poha and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Cook it for 2-3 minutes while stirring it continuously to avoid overcooking.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with coffee or tea.
Energy = 352 cal
Protein = 12g Carbs = 67g Fats = 4g Fiber= 5.2g
Cheesy Spinach Corn Sandwich
#3 in Best Breakfast for Weight Loss
- Butter – 1tbsp
- All purpose flour or maida -1 tbsp
- Milk -1 cup
- Chopped Spinach – 1 cup
- Sweet corn – 2 tbsp
- Mixed herbs – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Brown bread – 2 slices
- Cheese slices – 1 slice
- Heat the pan and add butter to pan.
- Add the flour to the pan and cook mixture on low flame till a little golden brown
- Add milk slowly with continuous stirring (to remove lumps), keep stirring till you get a medium thick sauce
- Add salt, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and pepper to the mixture.
- Add freshly washed spinach and sweet corn to pan.
- Mix well and cook this mixture well on pan for 3-4 minutes on medium to low flame (until the spinach dries) with continuous stirring.
- After the cheese has melted completely, let the filling cool a little.
- Spread the filling on a bread slice and add a cheese slice (optional) on top before covering it with another slice of bread
- Grill for ultimate taste and serve hot!
Energy = 446.4 cal
Protein = 17.4g Carbs = 49.2g Fats = 20g Fiber= 5g
Chana Dal Pancakes
#4 in Best Breakfast for Weight Loss
- Chana Dal (Split Bengal Gram) soaked and drained– 100 grams
- Cooking Oil – 1-2 tablespoon
- Curry leaves – 5 twigs
- Chopped Fenugreek – 100 grams
- Grated Carrots – 50 grams
- Grated Ginger – 5 grams
- Chopped Spinach – 100 grams
- Chopped green chilies – 2
- Curd – 10 grams
- Salt – As per taste
- Grind the soaked Chana dal to make a smooth paste.
- Add grated ginger, green chilies, carrots, spinach and fenugreek leaves along with a pinch of salt to the paste and mix well.
- Take a non-stick pan and pour a tablespoon of cooking oil in it and add one portion of the paste and allow it to cook on a slow flame.
- Flip the pancake once the base is firmly cooked.
- Serve hot with curd or pickle.
Nutritional Breakdown (1 piece/50 grams approx.):
Energy = 107 cal
Protein = 5g Carbs = 15g Fats = 3g Fiber=6g
Let us know in the comments if you liked the above recipe and what you would like next. Meanwhile don’t forget to check out 5 Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss 2020