It is easy to manage breakfast, lunch, and dinner while following a diet, the problem people face is when making healthy snack choices. Protein in your diet not only helps you maintain and lose weight but also works to improve your ability to concentrate, manage hunger, repair tissue, stabilize your blood sugar levels, and build muscle. Here are a few quick and healthy high protein snack options for you.
#1 High Protein Snacks
- Onion – 1
- Capsicum -1
- Olives – 4 – 5
- Chicken breast – 100 grams
- Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
- Brown bread – 2 Slices
- Mozarella cheese – 40 grams / 2 slices
- Chilli flakes / Oregano
- Chop capsicum and onion into small pieces
- Shred boiled chicken breast
- In a bowl add all ingredients
- Add Salt to taste and tomato ketchup and mix well
- Spread the mixture over both the bread slices and top with olives
- Add cheese on top of both the slices and place on pan with low flame.
- Cover and cook for 2 – 3 minutes till the cheese melts
- Garnish with chilli flakes / oregano and serve
Energy = 436 cal
Protein = 40.4 g Fats = 11.3g Carbs =43.2g Fiber = 4.6g
#2 High Protein Snacks
- Boneless Chicken – 150 grams
- Lemon Juice and salt – To taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Curd (Yogurt) – 3 tbsp
- Olive oil / Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Brown bread – 2 slices
- Beetroot – 1/4 piece grated
- Cabbage – 1/4 piece grated
- In a bowl take raw boneless chicken and add lemon juice and salt to taste
- Add Turmeric and chilli powder to the mixture with 2 tbsp of curd and mix well
- Marinate for at least 1 hour
- Add olive oil to pan and spread evenly.
- Now add the marinated chicken and cook for 7 – 8 minutes
- Toast 2 slices of brown bread
- Once the chicken has cooled down, cut into small pieces
- Add 1 tbsp of curd to the toasted bread and spread evenly
- On top add grated cabbage and beetroot
- Spread chicken evenly over the veggies
- Add 1 tbsp curd on top evenly and cover with another piece of toasted bread. Cut and serve
Energy = 377.1 cal
Protein = 38.6 g Fats = 11.9g Carbs =28.9g Fiber = 2.0g
#3 High Protein Snacks
- Raw fish fillets – 300 grams
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Green chillies – 1 – 2
- Red chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
- Potato – 1 medium
- Ginger-garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg (jaiphal) powder – a pinch
- Breadcrumbs – 1 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Heat adequate water in a pan
- Add turmeric powder and fish fillets to the pan and stir lightly till boil.
- Transfer the boiled fish pieces into a bowl and mash well. Add chilli powder, nutmeg powder, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, potato and salt and mix.
- Add coriander leaves and breadcrumbs and mix again.
- Shape the mixture into cutlets and dip them in the beaten eggs and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and place the cutlets on it
- Shallow-fry till golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney and salad.
Per serving: Energy = 312 cal
Protein = 29.5g Fats = 9.6g Carbs =26.9g Fiber = 2g
#4 High Protein Snacks
- Hard-boiled eggs – 2 medium
- Salt – To taste
- Gram flour (Besan) – 1/2 cup
- Curry powder – To taste
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1 tbsp
- Chili powder – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1/4 cup or as required to make a thick batter
- Baking powder – 1/5 tsp
- Oil to fry
- Take the boiled eggs and cut them into pieces (2 or 4 pieces for each egg)
- Then add 1/4 tsp chilli powder, a pinch of curry powder and salt to taste and mix with eggs.
- In separate bowl take gram flour with salt, chilli powder, and turmeric powder 1/4 tsp each and add baking powder and coriander leaves to it. Mix well
- Add ginger-garlic paste to the bowl with 1/4 cup water and mix till you get a thick batter.
- Dip the eggs in the batter and fry them on medium heat till they turn golden brown. Serve hot with ketchup.
Energy = 325.7 cal
Protein = 22.9 g Fats = 13.7g Carbs =27.7g Fiber = 5.0g
Let me know in the comments if you liked the above recipes and would like me to make more! Meanwhile don’t forget to check out Healthy snacks for weight loss