Consumption of protein helps people to feel full, which may help with weight loss. When dairy and meat are a no-no, say “YES” to start your amazing day with any of these vegan breakfast treats. Also, eating more vegetables increases your nutrient and fiber intake!!
Chocolate Banana Couscous Porridge
#1 in Vegan Breakfast Ideas
- Couscous, dried – 1/4 cup (45 grams)
- Quick oats – 1/4 cup (23 grams)
- Sweetener (Date syrup or Coconut sugar or Maple syrup or Brown rice syrup) – 2 – 3 tsp
- Salt – A pinch
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Hot boiling water – 1 cup
- Banana – 1 medium
- Toppings of choice: Berries, Nut butter, Nuts, Seeds, dark chocolate, etc
- In a small bowl combine dried couscous, oats, and salt
- In another bowl combine unsweetened cocoa powder and hot water. Add a sweetener of your choice too. Mix well
- Pour the hot liquid over the porridge bowl and let it rest for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel a banana and cut it in half. Use one half to mash and the other is going to be cut up for the topping (Also cut any fruit you’d like to add as a topping).
- Taste test if couscous is ready before adding banana mash. Add the mash and mix.
- Top the mixture with fruits of your choice, nut butter, and little dark chocolate chunks.
Energy = 429.7 cal
Protein = 14.9g Fats = 10.9g Carbs = 68g Fiber = 9.8g
Sweet Potato & Chickpea Wrap
#2 in Vegan Breakfast Ideas
- Sweet potato – 1 small to medium size
- Chickpeas, drained or boiled – 1/2 cup
- Apple – 1/2
- Hummus – 1-2 tbsp
- Fresh baby spinach – a handful
- Lemon juice – 1/2 lemon
- White tahini – 1-2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Avocado – 1/2
- Red onion (cut into thin rings) – 1/2
- Tortilla of choice (wheat preferred)
- Start by preheating the oven to 200c. Meanwhile, peel the sweet potato and cut it into cubes.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse chickpeas and cut up the apple into small pieces and onions into rings
- In a bowl mix the baked sweet potato and chickpeas (Add little parsley if needed).
- To the mix add tahini, lemon juice, apple pieces, salt and mix well.
- Take the tortilla and spread hummus. Then add baby spinach with a few spoonfuls of the filling.
- Add a little avocado and onion to top everything up.
- Roll it up, tuck in the sides and serve
Energy = 764 cal
Protein = 26.5g Fats = 29.6g Carbs = 97.9g Fiber = 36.9g
Oat Pancakes with Homemade Apple Sauce (Gluten-Free)
#3 in Vegan Breakfast Ideas
For the apple sauce:
- Apples – 3-4 (peeled and cut into chunks)
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1/3 cup (80ml)
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Sweetener, optional – 2 tbsp
For the pancakes:
- Oats flour or small cut – 1 cup (90g)
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Non- dairy Milk (Almond, Soy) – 1/2 cup
- Apple sauce – 2 ½ tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
- Raw sugar – 2 ½ tbsp
- For Apple sauce: Gather apples, peel them, and cut into bite-size chunks
- Put them in a saucepan alongside water and cinnamon. Let to simmer on medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add lemon juice with a sweetener of choice
- For Pancakes: If you’re using raw oats, blend till fine powder in a blender.
- To this add baking powder, salt, cinnamon, apple sauce (not full), apple cider vinegar, and non-dairy milk
- Heat a nonstick pan and brush with a little coconut oil, Add a heaping spoon full of the batter and wait till you can see bubbles.
- Once you start seeing bubbles flip to the other side. Cook for approximately 2 – 3 minutes on each side
- Top the pancakes with apple sauce, fruits, and maple syrup. Serve hot!
Energy = 725.8 cal
Protein = 21.9g Fats = 17.4g Carbs = 120.4g Fiber = 25.1g
Tasty & Creamy Chickpea Salad Sandwich
#4 in Vegan Breakfast Ideas
- Chickpeas – 1 can (Approx. 200grams)
- Unsweetened vegan yogurt – 2-3 tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Spring onion – 1
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Whole wheat bread – 2-4 slices
- Avocado – 1/4
- Lettuce – 2 leaves
- Take the chickpeas in a blender/food processor and blend for a few seconds. Don’t get the hummus consistency, keep it a little chunky.
- Add in unsweetened vegan yogurt, lemon juice, spring onion, avocado, and spices. Mix everything together and your filling is ready!
- Take 2 pieces of bread and spread a good amount of the mixture. Top it off with lettuce and another layer of the mixture before closing with another slice of bread
Energy = 1.139 kcal
Protein = 57.3g Fats = 29.7g Carbs = 160.7g Fiber = 42.2g
Don’t forget to check out these amazing Quick and Healthy Smoothie Recipes