Hunger can strike anytime! But the next time it does, you can have these simple healthy snack options around to kill your hunger while also keeping your health and weight loss in check.
Caramelized Black Chickpeas (Gur Chana)
#1 in Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss
- Jaggery – 125 g
- Black chickpeas – 1.5 cup
- Take crushed jaggery in pan
- Heat until it melts with continuous stirring to avoid lumps
- Add 1 tsp water and keep stirring
- To check if it is ready put a drop of the paste in water and if it hardens then it means that the paste is ready
- Switch off the heat and add roasted black chickpeas and keep stirring continuously
- Grease a plate with oil of your choice and transfer the mixture to the plate
- Prevent the chickpeas from sticking to each other (I like using a spoon here as the mixture is hot)
- Once slightly cooled separate them with your hands (Don’t wait for it to cool completely, as then it would become really difficult) and store it in a cool and nice container.
Serving size: 6
Per serving: Energy = 258.7 cal
Protein = 8.7g Carbs = 49.9g Fats = 2.7g Fiber= 14.2g
Tasty Tangy Fox Nuts
#2 in Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss
- Fox Nuts – 1 cup
- Rock Salt – ½ tsp
- Dry Mango powder – ½ tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pure Honey – 1½ tsp
- Roast the fox nuts on low heat until they become chunky (Don’t over roast and make it too hard)
- Take a small bowl and mix Rock salt, Dry mango powder, Roasted cumin powder, Chaat masala, and Red chilli powder
- Then add honey (secret ingredient) to the mixture and mix everything together to get a paste (Neither too drippy not too thick)
- Once fox nuts are roasted, turn off the gas and pour the paste on the fox nuts and mix continuously. Your tangy fox nuts are ready
Per serving: Energy = 144.4 cal
Protein = 3.1g Carbs = 33g Fats = 0g Fiber= 4.6g
Crispy Soy Chunks
#3 in Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss
- Soy Chunks – 1 cup
- Curd – ½ cup
- Salt, Coriander powder, Chilli powder, Turmeric powder, and Chaat Masala to taste.
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Crushed ginger – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek leaves (kasooree methee) – 1 tsp
- Bread crumbs (Brown bread preferred)
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Add 1 cup Soy chunks to boiling water and cook for 45 seconds
- Turn the gas off and let the chunks sit there for 2-4 minutes
- Drain the water with the help of a sieve
- Transfer the chunks into a bowl of cold water and squeeze the water out from the chunks (I prefer using my hands to do this)
- In a bowl add ½ cup of curd then add salt, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, and chaat masala to taste. Then add 1 tsp olive oil, lime juice, and 1 tsp crushed ginger to the mixture.
- Mix everything, your marination is ready. To this add soy chunks with 1 tsp of fenugreek leaves
- Keep the marinated soy chunks aside in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours
- Roll the marinated Soy Chunks in the bread crumbs.
- In a pan heat 2 tsp olive oil, sautee the soy chunks on medium to low heat. Serve Hot!
Per serving: Energy = 596.2 cal
Protein = 34.4g Carbs = 57.5g Fats = 25.4g Fiber= 5.9g
#4 in Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss
- Oats Flour (Grind rolled oats into fine powder) – 1/2 cup
- Multigrain Flour – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – 1/4 tsp
- A pinch of Baking Soda
- Milk – 1/2 Cup
- Raisins – 5-6
- Take a bowl and add Oats Flour, Multigrain Flour, Jaggery Powder, Cinnamon Powder, Milk, Baking Soda, and raisins.
- Whisk thoroughly to bring out a thick consistency.
- Keep Pan on medium flame and add butter
- As butter melts add the batter with a serving spoon onto the pan, let it cook until you see small bubbles on it.
- Flip it over and let it cook for around 30-40 seconds.
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup and serve hot.
Per serving: Energy = 646.6 cal
Protein = 21.5g Carbs = 99.2g Fats = 18.2g Fiber= 14.4g
#5 in Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss
- Oats flour – 1/2 cup
- Cucumber – 1 grated
- Grated carrot – 2 tbsp
- Capsicum – 2 tbsp
- Very finely chopped ginger – 1/2 inch
- Garlic cloves – 4
- Green chillies – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Corriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Rolled oats – 1/2 cup
- Pink salt – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 to 1/2 tbsp
- Grind rolled oats into fine powder (Oats Flour)
- Peel off the skin of cucumber and grate it into a bowl and add grated carrot, capsicum, ginger, garlic cloves, Green chillies, Cumin seeds, turmeric powder, and coriander powder.
- Add oats flour to the bowl with rolled oats (whole)
- Add pink salt to taste and mix well.
- Put some oil on your palms and prepare small patties with the above-prepared mixture
- Add olive oil in the pan and fry the patties for 3- 4 minutes (medium to low flame)
- Flip and fry for another 2-3 minutes and serve hot with coriander chutney (Optional)
Per serving: Energy = 346.2 cal
Protein = 11.4g Carbs = 56.7g Fats = 8.2g Fiber= 6g
Let me know in the comments if you liked the above recipes and would like me to make more! Meanwhile don’t forget to check out 4 Best Breakfast Options for Weight loss